Thursday, May 7, 2009

two hundred thirty one

and in classic alana fashion,
i show up 45 minutes late to my last final,
finish the exam with another 20 minutes on the clock,
and promptly head home-
thrilled that i now have justifiable time
to reorganize my bookshelf,
vacuum every dusty bunny from the corners they sought to occupy,
and do the inconceivably massive amount of laundry that has accumulated throughout the course of an entire semester of not having time to wash my dirty clothes.
my linen closet door can now close without piles of color coordinated filth spilling out
and i am thrilled!
not just about the abundance of clean clothes,
some of which i had forgotten i owned,
but also about the fact that the sun is shining and
i actually have enough time to enjoy it
without having to pry my face away from a textbook!  
hooray for summer!
:)

3 comments:

K said...

Congratulations on being done for the summer!! I love that feeling when you finish your last final exam - weight lifting off your shoulders...

By the way - you have a SWEET room! I love the shelves and the bedspread. Way to be chic! :)

Katherine said...

yay yay yay! i love you!! so glad things are starting to look bright and shiny again! i miiiiiiiiiiissssss youuuuuuuuuuuuuu. maybe one day, my dear alana, our paths (of communication) will once again cross...wait, would that make us star-crossed lovers?! hmmm....these are things that go through my mind. should i be worried?

Abby said...

Oh, yes, indeed! Mainly, I just want to say hi and that I miss you... I obviously haven't been blogging or reading blogs in the last couple of months, and I've missed reading about your adventures. And... I have to laugh that this is your done-with-school-for-the-semester post... my semester was over on Friday, and I think I've done at least ten loads of laundry since then! Mostly it wasn't clothes, but still... it's so nice to have clean bedding, clean curtains, clean towels, clean jackets, clean art rags, clean everything. Yay for end-of-semester cleaning!