Sunday, September 5, 2010

two hundred eighty fve

I am a predictable mass of contradictions.
I'm the quiet nerd with a secret life as an outspoken, witty human being.
I walk through school, clumsily graceful, with eye avoiding self-confidence.
I whisper flambouyant greetings to friends I have never met.
I wear flip-flops, a skirt, and an old faded t-shirt.
I drive around with the music up and the sunroof open on the rainiest of days.
I am a pristine mess,
a mismatched fashion plate with hot pink fuzzy socks.
I am an intelligent idiot,
a procrastinating perfectionist,
a musician who dreams of never being heard.
Im a gloomy optimist,
a rebellious star patient,
a good girl with a bad attitude....
I am the nerd at a rock concert and the rocker at the symphony.
The Beastie Boys sit next to Bach in my CD collection.
I baby my parents and drive myself to the park to swing on the swings....
I am a practical romantic,
a clear-thinking flake,
an airhead with a good memory.
Im promptly late and lazily busy.
I am a southern Anglophile in suburban Utah,
an old-fashioned woman of the future
and an artist who cant draw.
I am the silent commentator.
I get the jokes, but can't make them.
Im an observer who wont look at people and a show-off who shuns attention.
I am a tongue-tied linguist and a studious slacker.
Im a fan who misses every game and a socialite without a social life.
i am an oxymoron.

2 comments:

Shawnee - Sassy in Sweatpants said...

that is SWEET! Miss you, lovely! love you dearly!

Loni said...

and you're my friend! :)