Tuesday, October 7, 2008

two hundred six

you know life is going just swimmingly when...
you got 3 hours of sleep because you just did a 12 hour graveyard shift at the hospital putting together 50 IVs and their proper tubing but are totally in a good mood about it - the boy just cancelled tomorrow night's date but you're not devastated in the slightest - your parents are moving and their new house has a pool (!) - you smile every time you look at your adorable kate spade bag because of its pink and white polka dots - you feel perfectly in place wearing bubble gum pink scrubs while everyone else is in the trademark light blue (i can't wear those, it reminds me of being on caution so that color has forever been ruined for me!) - kate winslet and leo dicaprio are finally reuniting to do a gut wrenching oscar worthy drama and you feel no shame in admitting that you are dying to see it when it's released in december - you stop on the side of a random highway to take a rockin picture on a particularly cloud strewn day - you haven't seen your t in 3 weeks, have another 12 to go and are only slightly apprehensive - you have the absolute coolest mentee ever and love going on fun passes with her - you haven't practiced a certain negative coping mechanism in over 3 months - you often feel compelled to write something amazing on the guitar but find yourself laughing over the inspired nothingness that has been gleaned over the past hour of your life - you happily spend your morning in the windy pouring rain in order to catch the few fleeting moments of bliss across your brother's face as he scores the sole 2 goals at his high school lacrosse game before #1 ranked bingham slams the lofty skyline eagles out of the sky - that no matter the weather, it's a beautiful day and no amount of bad drivers on the freeway can change your mind!

12 comments:

Katherine said...

awww yay, you're post made ME happy! you know what else made me smile today? when my 3 year old said "I don't wanna go out and get hammered"...or when i realized i only have a week until the gre and am less stressed than ive been in a long time because i actually feel confident...or when ive been obsessively cleaning and reorganizing my entire room and am now starting to redecorate it and am loving how it looks...or that i talked to a friend who was struggling but is now in a good place...or maybe it's that i have finally reached the place that i trust myself to make decisions for me more than anyone else. yes, i actually trust my judgement and am able to listen to my heart....whatever it is, im glad that our days are both going swimmingly...maybe theres something in the air?! whatevs, i love you!

Unknown said...

Ummmm, how did you see that look on your brothers face when you were being "weak sauce"?
Just asking, just asking.

Hailey Happens said...

so... how do you take sooo many cute pictures from the car?? Give me lessons!

alana.rachelle said...

kat-
what 3 year old do you speak of?! you and the boy haven't been together THAT long! haha i'm so glad you're doing well! that makes me so happy! :)

alisa-
i turned into weak sauce after bingham made their comeback. but in my defense i would periodically get out of the car whenever nick was on the field!

hails-
i miss you lots! when are you coming here to visit?!

Courtney said...

Man, you inspire me! I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed but reading this post makes me want to get out and have a good day. So thanks!

KC said...

so uplifting!

Anonymous said...

I just had to comment -- a woman that I work with has a yorkie named coco chanel :-)

Savannah said...

It sounds like you had a really fun day. That's really nice to hear. I wish that I had bubble gum scrubs!! :) I'm with you on the blue ones...never will I be able to wear those again..haha. I hope that you have a good week. Love you!

Laur said...

Hey there lana bana hope we work together soooooooooooon

Abby said...

Ooh, I haven't read blogs in a while... and I don't really have anything to say other than hi... and yay for fun and happiness, huh? Bets says Woof!

KC said...

hey there girlie, give us an update when you can :)

Jason and Alisa Fox said...

FOR REAL NEW BLOG PLEASE, It has been a month, way too long, please