Tuesday, November 25, 2008

two hundred nine

I've been thinking about how a great percent of us live our lifes according to and dictated by our fear of how our choices may or may not affect the course of our life. I think the majority of us will meet our destiny while on a road travelled in hopes of avoiding it. So many say they dream of living fearlessly, but I think the term "fearless" entails so, soo much.

Here's what I think of being fearless- to me, fearless is not the absence of fear. Its not being completely unafraid. To me, fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots and lots of them. To me, fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death. Fearless is falling madly in love again, even though you've been hurt before. Fearless is walking into your first day of high school. Fearless is getting back up and fighting for what you want over and over again...even though every time you've tried before, you've lost. Its fearless to have faith that someday things will change. Fearless is having the courage to say goodbye to someone who only hurts you, even if you can't breathe without them. I think its fearless to fall for your best friend, even though he's in love with someone else. And when someone apologizes to you enough times for things they'll never stop doing, I think its fearless to stop believing them. Its fearless to say "you're NOT sorry" and walk away. I think loving someone despite what other people think is fearless. I think allowing yourself to cry on the bathroom floor is fearless. Letting go is fearless. Then, moving on and being alright...that's fearless too. But no matter what life throws at you, you have to believe in it. You have to believe in love stories and prince charmings and happily ever after. Because at the end of it all, it all comes down to love. Loving someone else, and most importantly, fearlessly loving yourself. I'm I fearless yet? No. But I'm fearlessly on my way to becoming so.

xoxo
Lana

3 comments:

K said...

I love this! I always wish my fears would just go away before I have to do the scary thing, but I think I just have to press on despite my fears. Thank you for your words of wisdom.

Katherine said...

you never cease to amaze me lana. what a beautiful inspiring post (almost as beautiful and inspiring as you)i wholeheartedly agree with your definition of fearless and am also working on fiding myself at that point. i heart you

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here alanalovesrockstar.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Are you really serious about your weight?. Research presents that almost 50% of all U.S. grownups are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.