Sunday, November 1, 2009

two hundred fifty six

I have an odd facination with home depot. I'm serious. Every time I walk in there I get a little tingle that goes through me. Its different than the buzz that I get when I walk into nordy's, but its definitely from the same lineage. I think the difference is with nords I know what I'm in for and the delight which will inevitably ensue as I hand pick my latest baubbles. But HD is so foreign and new to me. I am completely overwhelmed at its vast aisles but am paralyzingly thrilled at the limitless possibilities! I don't even know where to start and I love the potential it encompasses!

I don't know what it is, but there's something about fall that leaves me feeling creative and inspired. This is usually satisfied through indulgence at nordy's annual october lingerie campaign, but this year I was vastly disappointed. How can something as fabulous as fall lingerie (in all of their phenomenal, complexion complimenting jewel toned goodness) not bring immediate and lasting bliss?! If only betsy johnson would come to grips with the fact that hot pink rose bud printed mesh will never again be coveted intimate apparel... Hopefully the holidays will bring more shopping delight, but in the mean time Home Depot and DIY projects may be just what I need to keep my creative bug happily at bay!

No comments: