Wednesday, April 14, 2010

two hundred seventy nine

got a secret
can you keep it?
swear this one you'll save.
better lock it in your pocket,
taking this one to the grave.
if i show you then i know you won't tell what i've said
cuz two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.
why do you smile like you've been told a secret?
now you're telling lies cuz you're the one to keep it.
but no one keeps a secret...
why when we do our darkest deeds, do we tell?
because they burn inside our brains
they become a living hell.
so no one keeps a secret...

[the very thing that connects us to each other?]
[the few secrets we don't think we could ever share with another.]

3 comments:

Shelly said...

love it.

Thanks for sharing a secret!

(will you send me the pics so I can put them on my blog (please)!)

Eating With Others said...

That's one of the best things about therapy, I can tell my secrets. I'm much happier now.

Anonymous said...

What secret? I hope nobody died and everything is ok.