Sunday, August 24, 2008

one hundred ninety eight


i've been pretty cooped up with my lame-o eye ulcer and al yuen knew that. so this morning he decides to surprise me with a daddy daughter brunch date. they're my fav. he calls at 10 and i'm awake but still in bed. he says to hurry and get dressed because he's on his way to pick me up. i'm groggy but thrilled as i trade my pink polka dot booty shorts for black juicy warm ups and throw a peach bebe deep-v tee over my tank top. havianas are barely slipped onto my feet as i run out the door- hair in a pony tail, not a lick of makeup, but sporting my favorite sassy shades. i ask where we're going and he says its a surprise... imagine my supremely underdressed horror as we pull into La Caille of all places. it was not my finest moment as the gg-esque socialite i am known to be. dress for the occasion. fashion forward, but situationally appropriate. this my friends was an utter wardrobe disaster. granted, i felt a little better as i passed the man in khaki shorts and a RL Blue line piqued polo, but as i sat on the 22 acre grounds of a magnificently decadent french chateau surrounded by sauntering peacocks and ponds poised with giant white swans, i couldn't help but feel that my 3 course (more-than-i-spend-on-a-pair-of-rock-&-republic-denim breakfast) would have been more thoroughly enjoyed had i been in my element: sipping my mimosa in a white eyelet sundress with a sweet-as-candy, killer pair of manolos or christian louboutins. this my dear, requires adaquate planning and preparation. but somehow the fact that it was a complete and total surprise made it the most charming and delightful brunch to date. it was delish, from the amuse bouche, carmel walnut croissants, and creme brulee baked petite pain a la francaise, to the swan profiterole for dessert. well done daddy, well done indeed.

6 comments:

Krista said...

My husband proposed to me there! I also had my bridals take on their gorgeous grounds. I studied abroad in France so my hubby knew I would love the French-ness of it all. Sounds like you had a blast. Your daddy must have beaucoup bucks cause that is no cheap place to eat.

Unknown said...

I absolutely love love love La Caille! I wish I could go there regularly but the distance spares my pocketbook. I never felt so wonderful at a restaurant as I did when I went there. How amazingly awesome of your dad to surprise you like that! 99 points for him!

brie said...

I DEF wish I could've seen you sporting the Juicy sweats and La Caille! Haha I love it. Your daddy is such the sweetheart!

xo

PS lemme know when I can come by to get Gossip Girl. We need to do RR soon...love you!

alriggells said...

That is so cute. Ahhh. Your diddy o is so cute. I'm sure you were able to sport your Juicy sweats and pull it off well. This I am sure of as for you are amazing. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Oh my you are sooo funny tink!!! Ur dad is sooo cute!!!

Shannon said...

That sounds amazing and what a really fun surprise. I can only imagine what you were thinking though. :) So glad you thoroughly enjoyed it anyway.