Sunday, August 10, 2008

one hundred ninety four

summer 2008's been great!

even though the majority of my waking hours were spent logging countless hours in buildings on campus- lectures, labs, and review sessions galore- i still had some great times this summer. i love summer! but for reals, i will never do a summer semester again. there's too much to do during summer break and not enough time to do it all!

here are some of the highlights: i stuffed 8 pieces of week old pizza down the disposal and apparently that's no bueno. it definitely broke the disposal. i made jen try plunge it at 2 in the morning and had to hurry to snap this picture before she stopped plunging. various profanities ensued after she realized i was able to capture this, albeit blurry, picture. hil.ar.i.ous!

i built myself a dresser! thank you ikea for being a royal pain in product availability. but i love it so that's okay. i'm uber proud of myself!

i've been able to see anna lots this summer and it's been delightful! we've had so much fun going to dinner, having movie nights, going on double dates, etc... she's the best other half i could ever hope to have! please notice jake's grinch face in the background.

we hung out lots with tyler and jake. backyard bbqs, mini golf, projector movies under the stars, and much discussion of nielson's frozen custard. delish!


we went to the secondhand serenade concert and it was freezing. good, but freezing. jake insisted that a super bright star was a satellite but had to concede after it stayed in the same place for the entire night, that it could not be a satellite. we'll give him the benefit of the doubt and just say his satellite/star mistake was due to the fact that it was his first night in new glasses and his eyes were still getting used to the change in visual perception. whatevs! haha

happiness is a coke slurpee with a pink straw. i lived on these.

i hit up lake powell in july and got in some sweet jumps on the wakeboard. it was the highlight of the summer. i look forward to this one week all year long. it's so beautiful down there! it blows my mind!


i was rockin it on "kays rays." i sent this pic to patrick who was stuck in biochem. a few weeks later he went to powell without me. lame!


shlee and i hit the pool and had backyard swim parties so that oakley and rox wouldn't feel left out of our sunbathing rituals! if sunbathing was a offered at the u, i would major in it! for reals.


on july 30, i turned 21. crazy. i dont feel any different, just a little more legit. haha


anna took me to chilis for lunch on my birthday. and made the servers sing to me. and got it on video. and i was embarrassed and have to check everyday to see that she is not following through with her threat to post it on facebook.

we hit lagoon last week and riding the rides together made me think of her senior trip to orlando. good times. "merry christmas, welcome to florida!" haha i just love this girl!


i was set up with my DDF meke's cousin kasey for their family tradition of cousin date night last week saturday. it was a blast. i was uber proud of our aladdin puzzle. what can i say? we're pro. last night we met up with some of his buddies and their dates to play sand volleyball, have a fire in his backyard and make smores. classic. the best part- he is a country music fan. enough said! :)

sunshine and summertime.

what more could i ask for?!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

What a great summer! I love all your cute pictures. And fyi, I have no clue who the girl is that writes that blog. A couple of my friends told me about it and one of them claims to know someone who knows who it is, but I just think it's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Ok.. Its all about Mt. Dew slurpees with a pink straw haha ! And I Love love love the dresser sooo cute!!and umm cute boy!! ;) I love you!

it's me, t said...

we're all so thrilled you were born and all... but let's think about me here... when the hell are you coming out? i'm having lana withdrawls!

Abby said...

Thanks for the updates, dear! Okay, but I have been confused about this for a while, so I will now ask my question: Who is Oakley's human? I know that you belong to the Rock Star, but do you also belong to Oakley? Or does Oakley own your family? Well, in any case, Betsy says hi. (And the soda slurpees sound nothing short of horrific! Wouldn't you rather have some nice ginger lemonade?)

brie said...

LOVE that you've had such a great summer, and love even more that you thought stuffing 8 slices of pizza down a sink is norm. Ha!

But you know what makes me sad? There were no pics of the two of us... :( I miss you.

On another note...I don't have anyone to drive down to the cfc alum thing with, and not to put pressure on you or anything, but I ain't walking in there by myself. Wanna drag me in?

Savannah said...

Ahhh...I'm so thrilled that you had such a good summer. I hope that it continues into the fall. Miss you!

KC said...

looks like you had fun! I'm so glad! And I would completely loves for you to submit for my zine pleasies! can you get something to me early next week?

Keely said...

Hurray for summer fun!! You are so cute. Loved the pics. We should hang out soon and chill. :)