Wednesday, February 4, 2009

two hundred twenty one


Let the breakdown continue.
He's a jerk.
I'm a baby.
I finally cracked and called her.
She said she was thrilled.
She said she wasn't disappointed.
And I finally started to cry.
Like 3 big crocodile tears,
But lots of sniffles,
And head nods,
And "okay"s.
And I felt a little better.
And it had nothing to do with the fact that I'd just bought a pair of $300 boots.
But I'm still exhausted.
And frustrated.
And sad.
And I hate that.
But at least I'm willing to admit it.
This time...

2 comments:

Katherine said...

you are awesome. i hope you realize that calling her really is a sign of strength and integrity and that you really are fighting despite feeling stuck. i know these emotions are rough, but try to keep in mind that they do pass---eventually. it sucks but will get through it; just hang on! (or even better give me a call!) love love love you

K said...

Alana, I"m so sorry that you are having such a hard time. I am really glad that you are being real about it. That will make things get better faster.