Tuesday, February 3, 2009

two hundred twenty


so she says she doesn't understand why i don't understand,
because apparently i understand it all a little too well...
i just can't won't take a step.
i'm frustrated.
(she's frustrated.)
she brings up the term
"mentally masturbating"
and it makes me mad.
because what does that even mean???!!!
then she dares to mention
BPD
and it makes me furious.
so upset in fact that i spit out the truth.
i almost start to cry.
and she calls it a breakthrough.
what do i do?
...shut down...
ever so naturally.
because i'm sick of working in circles.
sick of wondering why i lack the motivation to act,
opposed to torturing myself with the cyclical analysis of it all.
at the end she casually says
thank you for your honesty
and tells me to
embrace my weaknesses.
she has no idea how piercing that honesty feels as it courses out of me
as unfiltered as it was in that impulsive instant of pure truth.
i feel bad that i've cracked.
that she's seen that i'm broken.
and that the facade can never be resurrected.
she tells me to come back next week-
i say i'll see her in like, a month, maybe.
she says to call if i need anything.
and i simply smile as i
walk.out.the.door
because i'm bored, and stuck, and exhausted.
and i really just need a diet coke
and a few other things
and a break from it all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

U and Ur sisters are the CUTEST!!!! I miss u girls!!

Courtney said...

Wow, you are an amazing writer. This is so powerful, articulate, and real. And even though I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to, I feel like I can completely relate. Seriously, I think I might plagerize and post this on my own blog (ok, I won't really but I sure wish I could express myself like this). Hope you're doing alright and thanks for the b-day message. Yep, we're still in SLC and I'd LOVE to grab lunch sometime.

Katherine said...

I LOVE YOU!! and I'm here for you...always. You are not broken, you just simply aren't perfect! But you know what? you are perfectly imperfect and if you were perfect i would find you really boring and i'm just not sure our friendship would last. ;-) seriously though, lana, know im thinking about you and youre in my thoughts and prayers and i'm always a phone call away.

Whitney said...

I don't have any great gem of wisdom, but I want you to know that I am thinking and praying for you. Hang in there and if there is anything that you need, please let me know. I miss you tons! We will have to do something when I get back!

Love Ya