Wednesday, July 11, 2007

forty four

time slips, i slip.
tomorrow's a new day...
but its all the same.
the dice are cast,
the pattern set,
still waiting on that winning bet.
life goes on, so do i.
i swim and swim,
yet where's the top?
i'm sinking low,
my life's a mess,
why am i sick in my perfectness?
so few know through pretty eyes,
a smile, a shrug,
see through my lies?
they're all fooled,
and so am i,
i wink at myself with my own eye.

i'm tired and ready to quit the game i've set up for myself, but i can't. i'm not a quitter. i don't do failure. i can't because i don't know how to stop it without everything crashing down. again. i'm sick of picking up the pieces. and she's just waiting to say "i told you so."

2 comments:

it's me, t said...

what would be so bad with her saying "told you so?" if you're doing this for her, it's not for the right reasons. if all you're doing is avoiding the i told you so game, it's going to hit harder. but if this is for you, you can do it. i love you billy.

alana.rachelle said...

its not that its good or bad. i could really care less. its more the fact that i hate it and its all so predictable! blah! i hate predictable and yet i'm hungry for control. talk about an oxymoron! whatevs. thanks silly. love you too.