Monday, July 9, 2007

forty three

today i had therapy and was so honest it blew my mind. i said exactly what i've been thinking, exactly what i'm feeling(or not feeling), and was honest about exactly what i'm doing right now. i thought she'd be ticked and threaten to kick me out of therapy, but she didn't. aside from our usual sarcasm and banter, it was real. completely in the moment. and the words coming out of my mouth were somehow coming from the me that's buried deep behind the superficial appearance. as cool as it would be to say it was some "breakthrough session, full of emotion and tears, and that my facade finally cracked and i was suddenly congruent again," it wasn't. but whatever it was, it felt good. now i just have to figure out WHY it still feels like the right thing for me to keep doing what i'm doing...

aWORKinPROGRESS.

No comments: