Sunday, May 25, 2008

one hundred seventy seven

i have learned a priceless lesson-
thou shall not eat room mate's left over mystery pizza.
here's how the last 36 hours played out:
jen's out of town and i was grabbing a hoodie.
i see half a pizza in the fridge and grab a slice.
you see, i like cold pizza better than hot pizza.
well, i don't have a clue what was wrong with it,
but within a half hour i started feeling pretty nauseous.
bad news!
i still had another 4 hours of class and had to walk out twice!
it only got worse after i got home.
you know how people are convinced that you feel better after throwing up?
this was not the case my friends.
and it sucked.
i can tell you the last time i threw up.
september 4, 2005.
and i hated it!
so it's been over a day and i'm still feeling a bit green.
no fun at all.
especially since i was so excited to move into my house this weekend!
i have ventured around my bedroom a little to do some light packing,
but i assure you this-
no pizza for awhile.
and no leftovers-
ever.

6 comments:

Savannah said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well Alana. I actually can't eat any leftovers so I'm always in awe of people that can. To me, it is a talent :)

I hope that you start feeling better and thank you for the nice post...it is a good thing that I get to come visit at least :) Love you!

Abby said...

Poor Alana! I vote to stay away from bean sprouts, too. The last time I threw up was about twelve years ago; I think it was the sprouts' fault. The only time I've eaten sprouts since then was when they served that horrid sprout salad at the Center... it was torture, and I ended up getting boosted anyway because I was trying to avoid the sprouts in the salad and the techs told me to stop playing food games... oops!

Also, can I send you a letter? What's your address? (Email me?) I'm crazy over sticker letters, and I have some stickers that would be good for you.

KC said...

I'm sorry you got sick! Feel well soon.

Adam and Julie H. said...

Tough luck! Hope you get better soon!

Amelia Poll said...

Alana. You are so funny! I just found your blog through Marie...I am sorry to hear about your sickness, seriously no fun.

Thought I say hi. I am glad I found your blog. I hope you feel better soon.

brie said...

I miss you and would love you even if you vomited all over me.