Tuesday, May 13, 2008

one hundred seventy three

this year's catchphrase is "summer: 08 can't wait." i agree, especially when i look at the gargantuan amount of reading i need to do in the next 11 weeks! see the above textbooks? yeah, meet my life... classes started yesterday and i am always so anxious for the first week! it's like it's my first day on campus or something, but it's clearly not! i'm like a little kid who's scared to go into classes by themself and not know where to sit or what the professor will be like or if i'll make friends or not. how silly is that?! i think the most frustrating part is knowing that there's no legit reason to be so anxious, but not being able to stop myself from feeling that way! lame. whatevvs... i know i can do it! i just need to remind myself that it's okay to be intimidated but that i am fully capable of doing well in these courses! and i'm going to rock them! :)

5 comments:

brie said...

Yay! Go Lana! I saw an abnormal psych book there...if you need a case study, you can always call me lol. ;)

Abby said...

Looks intense... oh, but think how accomplished you will feel when it's all over! Have as much fun as possible... and I hope your abnormal psych professor is as awesome as mine was... that class made me laugh so hard--even in the middle of taking exams! Also, if you get tired of reading, leave a book open on the couch or wherever Rox likes to hang out... Betsy is pretty good about doing some of my reading for me, but when I ask her to tell me what it was about, she just looks at me and wags her tail. I guess she's just not that academic. Alas.

Shannon said...

You can so do it! You are extremely smart and disciplined. By the way I loved my abnormal psych class! Hope you enjoy it too and try not to think you have every disorder they talk about, i totally did. :)

Tanya said...

You go girl. I know you will do wonderful. It looks like it will be an intense 11 weeks, but I unfortunately think they will fly by too fast. Before you know it you will be sitting freaking out about the finals instead of the first day of class I am sure. You can do it :)

janae said...

First of all I didn't know you had a blog, but I just wanted to comment on your last post. Thank you so much for the nice words. That was so sweet of you and it made me a little emotional. You are such a sweetie:)