Thursday, May 8, 2008

one hundred seventy

okay, so I'm gonna say it.
i'm not afraid to say it.
the clocks on my wall keep ticking
with the moments that I keep missing
okay, so I must confess that
i've settled for less under the guise that "i'm fine,"
but i'm done taking my life just one day at a time.
life's too short and quickly passing by-
so i'm gonna make the most of what is mine.
i've got so much to discover:
a hand I could lend another,
a word that could bring some healing-
is there any better feeling?
hold up,
i wanna see the beauty-
pause now,
so i can let it move me.
i wanna be simply here in the now
cuz i'm done missing out!
with eyes open wide,
i'm taking it in.
making the time mean all that it can.
i don't need a sign-
i just need to begin.
so with every second of every minute
i'm livin' in it - and.that's.how.i.say.it.

2 comments:

Adam and Julie H. said...

Alana! How are you doing? Can you believe Trina is almost a mother!! Hope everything is great with you!

brie said...

Um, love the poem. And it's so true. Go grab life by the horns (or balls) or whateva you wanna do. GO LANA!! lol