Sunday, July 6, 2008

one hundred eighty seven

perhaps i'm attempting to make up for my lack of posts while i'm gone, but i feel the need to document my public acknowledgement of the fact that i am an overpacker. it's true. admitting it is the first step, right? i'm packing for powell and am trying to only take the essentials, but am worried and convinced that i will end up there without something i need. therefore, i overpack. and my luggage becomes burdensome and i spend the trip thinking "why did i bring all of this stuff i don't need?" and i get irritated every time i take something out of my bag because i then need to repack the entire thing. lame! i'll be gone for 6 days on a lake- not at a cruise or at a club or somewhere that multiple wardrobe changes are expected, so how many tank tops, shorts, sweats, hoodies, jeans, swim suits, towels, etc are comfortably necessary? i may never know...

6 comments:

Abby said...

Oh, I don't know... I have exactly the opposite problem. At least you end up with everything you need!

Why do we do this? You'd think we'd learn from experience....

Abby said...

One more thing: caterpillars.

blake and mckelle said...

have fun in powell...i'm really jealous!

Anonymous said...

UR a HOOT!!!

Katherine said...

I know you have enough clothes to probably stay for a month but would you please come home?! I miss our eternal game of phone tag!

Seriously though, hope you had a great time. Would love to hear about it if I ever get to talk to you again ;-)

Keely said...

No worries. I overpack too. I just end up squishing everything in to the brim and if I miss something, sharing with my buds. (I always forget toothpaste...) Yay! Have a fun and relaxing trip. :)