Tuesday, July 29, 2008

one hundred ninety two

"bless me father for i have sinned..."
in the catholic church all mortal sin is absolved only through the sacred act of confession.
and although i've never been in a cathedral for mass,
i can only imagine what that priest would say:
stay away from the drinks,
keep your clothes on,
try avoiding those that will tempt you to stray...
so on the eve of my 21st birthday
i'd be willing to hear his sermon
if he'd grant me just one birthday wish-
but unfortunately those priests you call "Father"
apparently don't play the role of genie as well...
let the countdown begin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha yay 21!!! Happy early birthday!! I love u!

alriggells said...

I apologize for missing your birthday wish as well. I hope you know that I still care and miss you much. I hope your birthday was fantabulous. I hope you can forgive me for being such an absent minded friend. I am so sorry, HAPPY LATE B-DAY

KC said...

happy 21st!

it's me, t said...

You're silly. The catholic priests wouldn't tell you to stop drinking, HELLO!!! That's what catholics to! DUH! So how bout for your bday you treat yourself to a trip to ca. :D