Thursday, July 24, 2008

one hundred ninety


allow me to document the most depressing day of my life. its true, i bought a pair of crocs. i am utterly mortified and embarrassed to have willingly succumb to the social pressure. as you can see i was less than thrilled. i tried to think of every other possible option for footwear and finally gave in. the fact is, when it comes to smelly old people and their bodily fluids while doing clinicals in the hospital, i really don't want to worry about ruining pair after pair of perfectly accent coordinated nikes. crocs i can rinse off and wear only on shifts. its practical. and let's be honest, the only time anyone can ever hope to carry off crocs is when wearing scrubs. so crocs it is, well at least until i'm done with the icky part of direct patient care! it was a sad, sad day indeed!

8 comments:

Brandon and Katie said...

It is a VERY sad day indeed! I thought you'd stay strong! You could have gotten those jelly shoes. Anything but crocs! :) But I guess I still love you! Hope things are great! Say hi to Jen for me!

Savannah said...

haha, you crack me up! at least you didn't get those tie dyed ones...so if it is possible, you did go a step up in the stage of crocs. love you!

Katherine said...

oh alana....apparently you need to read this..http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=fashion...well i still love you, and truth be told, i wore crocs when i wore scrubs and worked in the medical field with small children (talk about icky bodily fluid!) so i will say it is slightly excusable...maybe.

Keely said...

ha ha ha! I wear a croc dervitive. They're called waldies. C'mon, it's practical. If I wore a pair of my fav asics and something got on them, screw the 150 dollars I just spent, I would NEVER wear them again. Seriously. I just come to work in my regular shoes and keep my waldies in my locker to change into when I get there. It works. Ha! You're face is priceless though. :)

Kee

Abby said...

Oh, oh, poor Alana!

This is yet another reason that I could never work in the medical field. I just... no. No, no, no.

In any case, don't let this damage your self-respect. A little cognitive dissonance is unavoidable, you know?

alana.rachelle said...

wow katherine, THANK YOU. that was the funniest thing EVER! he is hilarious! where did you find that?!

Anonymous said...

HAHA ur sooo funnY! HArry LOVES his crocks!

Rachsticle said...

seriously! you and your car shots!