Saturday, March 29, 2008

one hundred forty five

[an update]
this weekend's been a bit rough. my throat felt a little irratated thursday and by yesterday i could barely sleep or swallow. i took a little gander in a mirror and low and behold, enflamed tonsils and white spots. typical for that horrid little bacteria called streptococcus. so i got right in to the dr and sure enough it's strep. lame. instead of the bi-daily for 10 days oral penicillin antibiotic which i was bound to forget to take, i opted for the one time shot of veracillin. as the nurse came in i asked if she had an arm preference for administering the shot. thats when she told me it was going in my bum! she said the concentrate was super thick and i wouldn't be able to move my arm if she shot it in there and the increased muscle in the good ol gluteus is the ideal place to get the medication working through my body. of course she asks me what happened when she saw the giant bruise across my entire right butt cheek and i had to once again admit my clumsiness in falling down the stairs. so my weekend has been spent in bed with a fever and unable to swallow. its now been 24 hours since that painful shot and i'm unfortunately not feeling any better. the only difference is that i now have an extra stiff right buttocks, regardless of the amount of massaging i've been doing in hopes that medication doesn't just settle there. in the mean time, i've watched mr. magorium's wonder emporium, and the entire 5th season of the simple life and i loves it. it is totally a guilty pleasure of mine and i even have sherla on board with their hilarious antics! i was also doing a little blog surfing and found a true color test so i took it. it was...interesting. it make sense i guess. what do you think? take it and let me know your results!




Take this test!
Your color is black. The color of night. Serene and mysterious, black conjures up images of elegant evening gowns, dashing tuxedos, and gleaming limousines. Traditionally a symbol of success, black also represents power and an uncompromising demand for perfection. Not surprisingly, you tend to set challenging goals for yourself and do whatever it takes to achieve them — your strength of character is second to none. This unfaltering determination, along with your natural elegance, impresses people. But keep in mind that your personality might be intimidating to some. Try to temper your demanding side with a little softness — trust us, it won't kill you. Overall, though, black is the color of professionalism and achievement, which means it's clearly the color for you.


okay i'm out. i hope you are all having a fabulous weekend and if you aren't then do something about it! hopefully i'll be better by monday, especially because i've been summoned for jury duty. yuck! do people really have to go to that? i should just send sherla in my place.

ciao bella!

3 comments:

it's me, t said...

oh lana, i'm so sorry you have steptococcus! i totally love that you use your nursing terms. strep definately sucks. to the max. i'm glad silly and billy could help ease the pain. i loves it.

i hope your ass cheek feels better.

it's me, t said...

i did the color thing but it wont let me post it on my site. check it out though. go back to my post

KC said...

ouch! I hope your butt feels better soon