Saturday, March 29, 2008

one hundred forty six

[it makes me squirm]

it takes warm water, soap, and 15 -20 seconds of good scrubbing to rid hands of cold and flu (and strep) germs. did you know that its the act of scrubbing, alongside running water and even straight up bar soap, that truly makes the difference in getting your hands clean, not the antibacterial formulas we are now so bent on using? here's a yucky statistic: while 95% of people say they wash their hands after using a public restroom, only 67% actually do -- yikes! of that group, just 33% use soap, and only 16% wash their hands long enough to make it count.

that said, happy scrubbing!

2 comments:

KC said...

YIKES! I'm GROSSED OUT. I promise I wash my hands with soap every time.

brie said...

Thanks for making me want to vomit.