Sunday, March 30, 2008

one hundred forty seven

[the latest]
so it's been a good 57 hours since that painful shot in the butt and i have steadily declined. i keep feeling like i have something stuck in the back of my throat that i need to cough and clear but then i realize it's just my right tonsil, which is now the size of an egg shaped ping pong ball and now almost entirely covered in white spots. i'm tempted to cut it off and be done with it. no, just kidding. that would be way nast. so on my 3rd day of bed rest, unable to drink or eat, and resorting to spitting in my bathroom sink so that i don't have to swallow (as you can tell, things are feeling a bit grim), my madre called my doc and was told that i need a different antibiotic because i must have a strain that is veracillin resistant. lame. so now i'm back on the ten day, twice daily stint and am thoroughly upset that i took that shot in the bum for nothing! my dad cracks me up though because he always has a chinese remedy for ailments in life. he was in here today trying to convince me that if i just sucked on this salty chinese seed (which is really a dried up prune or something soaked in herbs and some weird salt solution) that it would cure me and that i wouldn't need anything else to start feeling better. what a nut case. sometimes i forget that he's a first generation child born to immigrant parents. nice people, those chinese, but a little superstitious at times! anyway, my fever went down and i found that if my madre makes me scalding hot tea or freezing cold rice milk i can tolerate a sip or two at a time. thank goodness because i was feeling pretty dehydrated. so friends, there's the update. thanks for the calls/texts/emails. i obviously can't talk so don't be offended that i didn't answer the phone. loves to you all!

3 comments:

brie said...

I'm sorry you're so awfully sick. Get better soon so we can play. I miss you and have a lot to update you on - both good and bad. Thinking of you...

Loni said...

Wow, that sounds awful friend. I had to laugh at the Chinese remedy, that is classic. Hope some type of medicine starts working soon. No fun. Good thing you are great!!!

Jentry said...

Sweet girl!! My motherly instinct is dying right now just thinking about you. I am very sorry.