Sunday, December 9, 2007

ninety nine

i know i just posted a poem, but things are on my mind so i figured i should just write about them... so i've kinda been having a hard time with some things, but don't want to be, since its christmas time and chanukah time and kwanza time! anyway, i finally dragged my butt out of my house and went out with two of my besties last night and felt so much better! i am so grateful to have them in my life! it makes me sad to read other friend's blogs and such and hear that they are having a hard time dealing with life too, its all just kinda depressing! so back to last night... we went shopping, hit costco, to dinner, and just chilled and it was SO great! we ended up watching Crash, which i still hadn't seen and as much as i know it was meant to open our eyes to the disgusting episodes of prejudice, racial profiling, and ethnocentrism that is still so rampant today, it made me sick to watch it! it made me wonder if our world is really becoming as bad a place as these movies portray. that someone will gun you don't if they take your joke the wrong way, that a woman only assumes you are a gang banger and are going to sell her out to your gang banger buddies, that a man is willing to show up and try to kill you over someone else breaking into his store. these things happen so frequently that it doesn't even phase us, and i think that's what scares me the most. i honestly do not understand why we can't all just respect each other, agree to disagree on our differences and just get along!!! the world is going to hell at this rate, and i don't want to be a part of that! i feel so vulnerable and i hate it. this game sucks... i quit!

1 comment:

brie said...

Sometimes I wanna quit too. It all feels so overwhelming, huh? But luckily there are still some really awesome and worthwhile things in life to keep us going, like all the stuff you mentioned at the beginning of the post. I a GNO was what all three of us needed last night!