Thursday, December 6, 2007

ninety six

it is absolutely amazing how much better i feel after actually getting a decent night's sleep! i have just 3 classes, 2 study sessions, and 3 finals to go and then i'm done for fall 2007. heck yes. last night i finally said screw it and slept for more than 4 or 5 hours, took a nice lonnnnngggg shower, and actually got dressed for the first time in weeks as i listened to keith urban's greatest hits cd. it's a winner- let me know if you need a copy. so i'm going to do a bit more studying before hitting my 10:45 bio class and it feels good to not be so scatterbrained and frenzied! yay!

i was reading brie's blog about feeling like she's going through her days just waiting to die and therefore never really living, and it made me start to think about my life. i thought of the line dumbledore says in the first harry potter movie (yeah, i know that's totally dorky, but oh well!) when he tells harry that "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." how true is that! i'm always planning for this and that. trying to put the present on pause in order to adaquately prepare for the future. aspiring to plan, and do, and look back on perfection. but dude, it just doesn't work like that!

as much as i feel like i'm falling apart at times, i pretty much have things together in my life. and i have a great life at that! i have a family that loves me, the best dog in the world, the most amazing best friends i could have ever hoped for(even though everyone's spread all over the place from cali to vegas and as far as florida at times!), i love my job, i'm in school to do something that i love, i have enough money to cover my car payment(most months!), and for the most part i'm happy. i'm obviously not perfect- no one is- so what more could i ask for in my life? well, i could ask for a 2008 SC 430 to be sitting in my driveway from my ridiculously hot billionare husband that's desperately in love with me, but i'm trying to be realistic here :)

so i'm setting a new goal to live in the moment. to live for today, not in anticipation of the future. to not live with so much guilt. so what if i maxed out my nordstrom card? i love the stuff i got, right?! so what if i'm blogging instead of studying my brains out for my vocab test that's in an hour? its an optional test, why would i want to take it?!

okay well i'm going to study a just a little bit, so i'm out, but i hope whoever's reading this has a fabulous day!

4 comments:

brie said...

Alana I luuurved this post! I feel like it was written just for me...it totally spoke to me. :) I love you and your optimistic attitude - you are more than just my favorite shopping buddy - you are a bestie for life! I'll see you soon!
Oh PS I love that HP quote and I'm going to take it and USE IT!!

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing post Alana. You are so inspirational. I must say...God spent a lot of time when He was creating you. Thank you for all that you do and all that you are. You are a fabulous friend and an incredible person. Love you hun.

KC said...

Alana, thank you for this reminder to live in the moment. I absolutely agree - and thank you for taking the time to remember what is good in your life! That's so hard to do sometimes. And I feel closer to you somehow too, just reading your blog and knowing we went through the same things at CFC. Yes, some amazing women go through that place!

Anonymous said...

Hey just thought I'd let you know really quick that Chris and I are moving there in June/July...fun huh?