Monday, December 24, 2007

one hundred nine

straight out of a fairy tale:

its christmas eve,
snow flittering down from the midnight sky,
that soft creamy blue streaked with a coat of grey.
the air's crisp and sweet like a peppermint kiss
and although usually convulsing with shivers galore,
i am perfectly warm when wrapped in his arms.
i know i'm steadily falling more and more
with every active thought attempting to convince myself otherwise,
but getting lost in those green eyes,
fingers laced within eachother,
he nuzzles in to smell my hair.
as a single snowflake lands on my nose,
he grazes my lips
and gives me the cutest,
most perfect single kiss
of my life.

[merry.christmas.indeed!]

2 comments:

brie said...

that all sounds so much more romantic than my night, but I am boring and married...
PS. I'm typing this on my new ipod!
love you baby

KC said...

how romantic and sweet!