Saturday, December 1, 2007

ninety three


i love days like today-
snug and warm inside,
watching the snow flakes fall,
reading a good book,
resigned to lounge for the remainder of the day.
i'm a fan of hot apple cider,
of plesantly scented aromas diffusing out of candles
and into the surrounding air,
red flannel pjs-
reindeer printed in white,
and for just an instant in time,
not a worry in sight.

what is it about the holidays that automatically put me in a good mood? if anyone figures it out and finds a way to bottle it, please let me know where to place my order! :)

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I can't even tell me how happy I was to see you were happy. You kinda made me jealous too. The thought of flannel pj's, candles, and a good book made me want to just curl up. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be quite the same when it is 80 degrees outside. I love you and can't wait to see you!

Kate said...

I LOVE THE PIC! AND I LOVE THE PINK TREE AND HAT! So cute, Alana! I so wish I lived in Utah so we could hang out.

brie said...

Well, won't lie: HATE SNOW AND WINTER AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!
But
I DO love you in your pink hat and with your tree! Maybe that's the best part about the holidays? ;)