Sunday, April 13, 2008

one hundred fifty seven

i'm done with the games
so i'll be straight up:
sometimes i simply crave addiction.
is it simple human tendency
or a twisted personal draw
toward self destruction?
i have everything going for me
so i resist by keeping dull-
sharp's a little too familiar.
entertaining a notion,
i question,
i caved,
i start.
i stopped.
a switch flip.
being in a haze and
suddenly getting a jolt.
buzz. zing.
the ultimate oxymoron
because its an insane rush of calmness.
absolutely sober but
100% addicting.
why is it so enticing to me?
oscar wilde said it best,
"i can resist everything but temptation."
you never know when i'll change my mind.

3 comments:

it's me, t said...

i'm pretty sure you can resist temptation too. ur freaking awesome. that's why :D

KC said...

good job...it's really hard to not cave in sometimes.

brie said...

I can resist everything but temptation.

Freaking love the quote, in a morbid sort of way. :)