Monday, January 14, 2008

one hundred seventeen

i need to stop reading the news. its too depressing! i just read a story about a woman named benita jacks that killed her 4 girls, ages 16-5 and just had them rotting in her house. how awful must it have been for those little girls to suddenly come to the realization that their mother, the person they most likely trusted more than anyone in the world, was trying to kill them? it seriously makes me physically sick to think of how horrible of a place this world is becoming. i understand the whole "we're on earth to be tested" thing, but really, i want to know WHY as the temporal, unperfect, vulnerable to horrific slaying kind of beings we are, are we put in such a horrible place and basically told "good luck" as we weather the storms of life? i guess i don't understand why God would put us somewhere in which the majority of our lives are spent in sadness and despair... im not trying to be pessimistic, but what am i missing???

2 comments:

Loni said...

One of the things that really helps me when I read about stuff like that is that I really do believe that there are angels among us. Heavenly Father loves us, he really does. But I hear you, people are shocking.
So the ski trip was amazing! I need to buy myself some skis because I CAN SKI! I love the sound the snow makes as you glide through it and it was so fabulous to be in the mountains in the winter time. I loved everything about it!
Glad you like the hair, Shawnee really did an excellent job with the cut and the color.
Also glad I was able to spend some quality time with you over the break. I heart you too ;)

Shannon said...

There is a lot of crap out there, but we are not without options, tools and comfort. We have scriptures, prophets, personal relationships with our Savior who can bring so much comfort and then we have to realize we just can't control what others choose to do.
Keep the faith and positivity. Life and people are essentially good. I really truly believe that-even when I have to convince myself of it some days. :) Love you!