Sunday, January 20, 2008

one hundred twenty one


many of you know my mom, sherla. here's a picture of her on thanksgiving with my bro chris... thats not really her name but if you don't know the story, don't worry about it. so she keeps bugging me about going running and saying that i could even take roxy with me if i wanted and it would be good exercise for her too. first of all, my dog runs about 1/2 of a mile in the direction opposite of my house and then cries till i carry her the rest of the way. unless i strap her into a backpack to bring her along, i'm not going to carry my dog as i go running- it really does nothing for my stride or form. and backpacking her really defeats the purpose of bringing her to give her some exercise. second of all, its like 13 degrees out with a wind chill making it feel closer to 0. i'm always freezing in the first place, so being out in the elements just doesn't sound like a good time to me. i thought it was a valid point and thought she'd leave me alone after telling my reasoning. but the result of my comment was being dragged to sports authority yesterday and made to buy underarmour, a headband for my ears, and running gloves to keep me warm(er) as i'm out in the arctic weather. my amusement came through realizing that i chose a unitard of all things as my base layer. don't
worry, its not the only thing i'm planning on wearing! i thought it seemed great so i didn't have to worry about pulling up/down different layers as i ran. it seems terribly practical, am i wrong? my family thinks its hilarious, saying that no one in their right mind chooses to wear a unitard, for the fact alone that as they were out in public they would know they were wearing one. i'm going to chalk it up to the years of strange dance costumes, that i'm apparently accustomed to the idea of seemingly embarrassing apparel. so i guess i'm out of excuses now that i have new running clothes and a new workout mix(gracias to the folks at itunes)... but at least now i'll be a bit warmer, right?!

3 comments:

brie said...

Honey, I think unitards are HOT. I swear this is not a lie. ;) You'll have to let me if know if there is any crotch ride-age or if everything stays put as it should. Also, I hope you bundle up Roxy quite warm so she doesn't freeze her (6) nipples off!

Anonymous said...

I dig unitards, and I was wondering if they have them in pink... Thanks for the advice on taking on too much. I agree with your method 100%! Thanks hun, and have a great day. You don't have school tomorrow do you? Miss you and Love you!

Loni said...

Um a unitard...wow that word just has 1985 written all over it. Don't get me wrong, it's a classy dig-I'm just freezing in the 43 degrees of Las Vegas so props to you for being outside at all in the 6 degrees of bliss in SLC. Rock on my friend.