Monday, January 7, 2008

one hundred twelve

brace yourself for today's quote of the day:
"although i do not neccessarily recommend it, it is entirely up to you whether or not you choose to binge and purge your way through this course."

yup, go ahead and read it again.
that's what my chemistry professor told us today in regard to how we choose to prepare for our midterm exams and finals. of course he meant it as trying to cram in a bunch of textbook info last minute, and then just recite it on our exams, but this was his arrogant stab of humor in a sea of undergrads. the ill fitting jest was overlooked by most people, myself included, until he continued to elaborate on how binging and purging was such a fitting analogy to many student's study habits. in my opinion it was just ignorant and bad taste.

but in better news, the first day of school went well and i even went to the dentist by myself today- ativan free i may add! :) i know i'm taking a lot of credits, but i'm so anxious to get them all done! hopefully it won't prove to be too much... time will tell i guess!

just for fun, here's a list of my rants and raves- part 2:

[i am fond of]
tweezing.banbury cross.silky soft skin.blowing bubbles.the smell of clean laundry.ice cream.science.new running shoes.worn out pointe shoes.holiday inspired nail polish hues.snail mail.creative handwriting.fresh squeezed orange juice.sourdough bread.blogging.journalling (in ANY creative way that is condusive to you actually documenting the events of your life).watching snow fall while being warm inside.crunching fallen leaves.puppy kisses.flossing.costco.mikhail baryshnikov.natalia osipova.pink highlighters.textbook reinbursment.cheesecake with cherry preserves.asparagus and swiss cheese quiche.hanky pankys.lint rollers.iTunes music backups.comcast OnDemand.the repeat function of a cd/mp3 player."nike+plus" running shoes

[i am not fond of]
earthworms.chipped nail polish.dumb boys.most boys!.term papers.math.homework on weekends.sushi.boyfriend's ex's.old school chalk boards.addiction.bad phone reception.numbers-any and all(ED, math, OCD, all of them!).petting zoos.uncomfortable heels.car exhaust.how fat congeals on ice.banana cream pie.social anxiety.blowing hand dryers.reheated pasta.snowy roads.bad drivers.screen printed earrings.lima beans.steroid and hormone laden food.when my dog tries to run away, not really, but she wouldn't come back when i called her.the smell of seran wrap.how your absolute favorite cds are the only ones that get scratched to the point of non-use.finally admitting that i should have stayed in DBT just a teeny bit longer.

5 comments:

brie said...

Haha! You're so creative! I loved your raves and rants list, but I must admit there were a few of your raves that I thought were a bit sketch. Like, science? Are you frigtarded or something?! But I loved it, really I did!

brie said...

Oh!
I forgot to comment on your brainless deusch packer of a professer. That is seriously like the most ridiculous thing ever. I mean, I guess if you want to have that on the syllabus, then whateva. But to keep hammering in the point? I'm sure there were several girls that were well...uncomf, ya know?

Kate said...

Wow....what a, um, touchy topic your professor dug into. I guess the analogy does kinda work though...lol.

Anonymous said...

Wow...your professor is quite insane. That is a a strange way to welcome the class to the course. I agree with Kate that the analogy does work, but it is still a bit rude to just jump into it with that comment.

I enjoyed the raves and rants list...you, my dear...are fun :)

KC said...

very insensitive comment!