Friday, January 25, 2008

one hundred twenty four



it's going to be a long weekend.
i just wrote out my list of homework to knock out in the next 48 hours.
the list totals out at 20.
yep, 20.
doesn't that seem a bit excessive?
what's funny is that while attmepting to write the word excessive, i actually typed the word obsessive.
how's that for a freudian slip?!
although being a psych major, i know that that term is too frequently misused, just as it was in my last sentence.
it has become such a catch phrase term in society today that most people overlook it's true meaning.
just as i am willing to do right now! haha

so i've inadvertently decided that i need to work harder on true nutrition.

first, the lack of water consumption needs to stop. my skin would thank me endlessly. as well as the rest of my organs!

second, now that i don't eat chicken i need to work even harder at getting adaquate protein. proteins are totally the worker bees of the entire body and would blow your mind if you truly realized all that they do. its amazing! i'm actually finding that i really like all different types of beans, which are fabulous sources of protein and that's very exciting to me. since my fam had some chicken casserole-ish thing for dinner i had to resort to finding something to eat on my own. first of all, my house is full of teeming with 4 overly active kids that eat everything in sight (including any sort of leftover that i am attempting to savor at a future time), and unless i physically go grocery shopping (which probably hasn't happened since my days of day patient since i'm never home at meal time), no one ever buys anything that i like to eat. thankfully i have a little cupboard of food-ish things that i can resort to in times such as these. well, being the culinary genius that we all know me to be, i am currently munching a cranberry almond granola bar, rice cake smeared with peanut butter, and sipping a fantastically blended caramel macchiato from the nordy's e-bar. i had it made with soy milk so it wouldn't hurt my tummy and am totally considering that 1 cup serving to be a source of protein. yeah!!

third, the lattes should probably take a back seat to meals. sometimes when i'm on the run and short on time i hit starbucks and somehow convince myself that it's pretty much the same as drinking a boost. apparently i'm pretty convincing sometimes...

finally, i'm coming to the conclusion that i have precisely 71 minutes to finish my ethical dilemmas readings and make my class post before the deadline so i should probably go... with all of this homework hanging over my head, why the heck am i blogging?? because i want to, that's why! :)

4 comments:

brie said...

That was quite the interesting freudian slip on your part! I think it's pretty swell you are trying to take better care of yourself. I miss thee and thy hotness. Please call.

Stacy said...

RE: brie's blog and my confusing comment...

it was in response to the comment she made on my blog...

:-)

Whitney said...

Way to take care of yourself! I am really proud of you :)

I sure as hell hope that I am not responsible for your peanut butter covered rice cake. I probably shouldn't have told anyone about that little secret pleasure of mine. They are a great snack though so I guess it's all good.

Love Always,

Whit

alana.rachelle said...

no dude, that was one of alice's ways to try and get some protein in me pre-cfc! this is just the only time i'm actually trying it! haha